Wednesday 10 February 2010

Che cosa?

Ok, well I'd better tell you what sort of art I create...

I like to work with paint. This has been the main form my art has taken for the past few years. I've also tried sculpture and collage which feed in to my work sometimes.

I paint with text primarily, but not always. I feel that text just gets the message across a lot clearer sometimes than a picture, yet I like to feel as though it can still be a picture in itself.

I paint using complementary colours, bold and also pink and purple.

The themes that my art has explored are cult of the celebrity, science fiction, music and blindness. I like to explore themes that interest me. At the moment, I'm exploring the issues surrounding religion. I like the way ideas can develop in ways one doesn't expect and the ideas tend to lead me in new places that inspire further works. It's like a journey.

I'm trying to learn to edit my ideas at the moment, as I tend to go off and lose sight of what I'm trying to produce.

Artists/ people that inspire me: Christopher Wool, Bob and Roberta Smith, Barbara Kruger, Lisa Sanditz, Jenny Holzer, Bruce Nauman, Cy Twombly, Vik Muniz, Joss Stone, Norah Jones, Elvis, Johnny Cash and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment