Sunday 28 November 2010

Roll up roll up!

This week, I have set myself a task to set up a sculpture tombola! This is because I'm fed up with the art market and the fact that normal everyday people can't afford the shit that goes in the galleries. Let's face it, alot of it is crap and it makes me wonder why people pay so much for it. I've come to the conclusion that it's all in the name and the hype of it being in a posh environment that gives it that value and it's got nothing to do with the actual work. I wanted to make art that everyday people can buy and I wanted the money to got to a good cause. So, I'm charging 50p a ticket, you get a 50/50 chance of winning and the money is going to a charity that helps the visually impaired. I'm hoping it will all run to plan, fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment